Monday, October 10, 2005

As I Lay Dying "Shadows Are Security"

As I Lay Dying "Shadows Are Security"
released 6/14/05



As I Lay Dying are back with another in your face metal album. They are referred to as metalcore, but fuck that, I hate that label- it's quite dumb. It's fuckin metal! Anyways, I like this album alot better than their previous "Frail Words Collapse". It actually has melodies too! I skip those tracks, but it's nice to see they have diversified themselves somewhat. The album is consistent the whole way through, which is both good and bad, because it can become boring to listen to the whole CD through. The first 2 tracks segue into each other and sound like one epic metal song, which I love! This album is chock-full-o mosh pit inducing riffs... they are so fast and amazing that listening to this album on your headphones while walking down the street you may cause you to start a fight with an unsuspecting bystander. I think it's metal at one of it's finest points- very technical and talented individuals. I'd love to see them live and hear them pull it off! It kinda makes me sad that As I Lay Dying are a "Christian" band, but none the less, these Jesus-lovers know how to fuck shit up!! There are 3 things that can help get someone's day started in the morning- 4 cups of coffee, 2 redbulls, or blasting this album at full volume!

I say just put the album on and bang your had till your neck snaps, but if I had to choose favorites, I'd hafta go with track #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, #8, #9

if you like Atreyu but don't like their sung verses and choruses so much then you will love this album!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home