Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hot Water Music "New What Next"

Hot Water Music "New What Next"
released 9/21/04



I've been a HWM fan for a few years and I have to say this is my favorite release of theirs. Alot of people will laugh at that, but I think it's great. From the first second when you hear Chuck inhale for a deep, cigarette scarred breathe, you know its HWM, and it will rock. It's a little more melodic than their other releases, and theres even singing, weird. But it sounds great, you still get the roghness of Chuck's voice. The only reason I would smoke cigarettes is to be able to sing like him. Theres a few things that suprised me about this album, like track 5 has a funky baseline. All in all, most HWM fans don't like this album, and if you have never heard them I'd say get this one first to ease yourself into the older material. I give this one 2 thumbs way up

For fans on Gunmoll, Alkaline Trio, Bouncing Souls

Stand out tracks- #1. Keep it together, #2. End of the line, #3. Bottomless seas, #5. Ebb and flow, #6. monkey wrench, #7. Under everything, #8. ink and lead, #10. early grace

1 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

great site .

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home